Re: [Healeys] [OT] Goblin Works

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] [OT] Goblin Works
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 11:10:43 +0200
Would they have been Stromberg 150CD or 175CD carburettors as used by
most USA spec UK cars like Jensen-Healey, TR5/6, some older big
Triumphs, Volvo's and Saab,s They do have a much wider body which is
much lower and have a longer neck. The working principle is the same as
the SU's.

They also could have been the Japanese Mikuni's which are similar.

The Italian Weber or DellOrto's would have been the better choice. These
are/were widely used in most European cars to soup them up as they are
easier to fine tune instead of messing about with endless reprofiling
needles and adjusting springs in SU's and Strombergs plus you have two
barrels in each carb so it is easier to provide each cylinder with its
own barrel..

Kees Oudesluijs