Re: [Healeys] Lempert Steering Wheel

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lempert Steering Wheel
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 09:54:56 +0200

--------------D10C79BE06EF9C348A6676AF

If it is only to centre the steering shaft there is no need to fit the
steering wheel fully home. Before fitting the steering wheel apply some
anti seize compound like Cupaslip on the splines.

Check for damage of the splines (shaft and wheel). Even if the steering
wheel is fully seated it should not be too difficult to remove the
wheel. Using a steering wheel puller is good practice and makes it an
easy job.

Kees Oudesluijs

Op 18-8-2019 om 00:02 schreef Mike MacLean:
>      As I assemble the steering for my BN2, in order to center the
> steering wheel movement I have to temporarily install my Mike Lempert
> steering wheel.  It's the only steering wheel I have.  Those of you
> that have a Lempert wheel, can you tell me if you had difficulty
> slipping the wheel on the steering shaft splines?  I can kind of get
> it started on the splines, but if it needs to be "encouraged" to fully
> seat the wheel I may have a heck of a time getting it back off.
>      Is there any guidance on fitting the center rod?  I only have the
> stub axles for reference.  Should I wait to tighten the ball joints of
> the center rod until alignment? All new parts for the steering, so
> there is some adjustment included for sure.  Just don't want to have
> to take it apart again to get it right.
> Mike MacLean

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl

--------------D10C79BE06EF9C348A6676AF

  <head>
  </head>
      fit the steering wheel fully home. Before fitting the steering
      wheel apply some anti seize compound like Cupaslip on the splines.
      steering wheel is fully seated it should not be too difficult to
      remove the wheel. Using a steering wheel puller is good practice
      and makes it an easy job.</p>
      MacLean:<br>
      cite="mid:ca93518d-953a-4cf8-befe-6b41e218be5f@email.android.com">
        order to center the steering wheel movement I have to
        temporarily install my Mike Lempert steering wheel.  It's the
        only steering wheel I have.  Those of you that have a Lempert
        wheel, can you tell me if you had difficulty slipping the wheel
        on the steering shaft splines?  I can kind of get it started on
        the splines, but if it needs to be "encouraged" to fully seat
        the wheel I may have a heck of a time getting it back off.
          rod?  I only have the stub axles for reference.  Should I wait
          to tighten the ball joints of the center rod until alignment?
          All new parts for the steering, so there is some adjustment
          included for sure.  Just don't want to have to take it apart
          again to get it right.
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>