Re: [Healeys] Underside cleaning

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Underside cleaning
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 19:09:37 -0700

--------------AD057F842951C693FED5DDA1

I got a Greenworks electric pressure washer from Costco for a couple
hundred bucks.  Also got 5 gals of an 'Orange' cleaner for about $60
(surprising how fast you can go through it).  The washer has 3 settings,
the highest--'Turbo'--might remove flaky paint, but the others should
not.  My dad had a diesel-fueled 'steam' pressure washer he used on our
BN2's engine; the result on the heat shields were predictable.

The tar will be a PITA; I usually soften it up with 3M Adhesive
Remover--not available in California anymore--but 'Goof Off' or similar
should work too.

Bob

On 9/4/2019 5:48 PM, Keith Pennell via Healeys wrote:
> Hey Listers,
>
> I am looking to clean the underside of my BJ8 soon.  It is a real
> mess.  Oil, grease, tar, and you name it.  What product would you
> folks suggest I use to really attack the mess?  Any techniques
> recommended?  I guess pressure washing is in the mix too.
>
> TIA
> Keith

--------------AD057F842951C693FED5DDA1

  <head>
  </head>
    I got a Greenworks electric pressure washer from Costco for a couple
    hundred bucks.  Also got 5 gals of an 'Orange' cleaner for about $60
    (surprising how fast you can go through it).  The washer has 3
    settings, the highest--'Turbo'--might remove flaky paint, but the
    others should not.  My dad had a diesel-fueled 'steam' pressure
    washer he used on our BN2's engine; the result on the heat shields
    were predictable.<br>
    The tar will be a PITA; I usually soften it up with 3M Adhesive
    Remover--not available in California anymore--but 'Goof Off' or
    similar should work too.<br>
    Bob<br>
      Healeys wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:641766461.2491793.1567644513488@mail.yahoo.com">
          a real mess.  Oil, grease, tar, and you name it.  What product
          would you folks suggest I use to really attack the mess?  Any
          techniques recommended?  I guess pressure washing is in the
          mix too.</div>

--------------AD057F842951C693FED5DDA1--

--===============1944323601099055790==