Re: [Healeys] knock

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] knock
From: Kees Oudesluijs <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 18:06:04 +0100
If the noise disappears as soon as there is oil pressure it must be a
bearing, main, big end, possibly camshaft (however not likely) which may
have slightly high tolerances. When the oil is hot it is thin and drains
away from the bearings, hence the noise with a hot engine and a restart
after a few minutes. As it disappears as soon there is oil pressure I
would not worry to much.

You could try Lucas oil stabilizer and see if there is any difference.

Kees Oudesluijs