Re: [Healeys] 100 Draft tube

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Draft tube
From: healeyguy--- via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:04:53 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2483742_2076935611.1619701493707

Listers=C2=A0I attempted to add a 7 second video of a demonstration of how =
a draft tube works but it was rejected on the list.=C2=A0 Probably file siz=
e.=C2=A0 Anyway wanted to show the effectiveness of a draft tube in operati=
on.=C2=A0Had my shop fan blowing parallel with the floor (car in motion), a=
 empty paper towel tube and a strip of Kleenex tissue.=C2=A0 Cut one end of=
 the tube at an angle, about 30 degrees. Held the tissue paper over the upp=
er square end of the tube and slowly lowered the angle cut end vertically=
=C2=A0 into the fan wash, Only had to lower the tube less that 2 inches=C2=
=A0 and the tissue was sucked down the tube.=C2=A0 The engineers way back w=
hen knew what they were doing with regard to ventilating the engine in a ve=
ry simple but not very environmental way.=C2=A0As Mr Dylan once said. "Ah, =
but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now..."=C2=A0 :)P
------=_Part_2483742_2076935611.1619701493707

works but it was rejected on the list.&nbsp; Probably file size.&nbsp; Anyway
wanted to show the effectiveness of a draft tube in operation.&nbsp;</div>

paper towel tube and a strip of Kleenex tissue.&nbsp; Cut one end of the tube
at an angle, about 30 degrees. Held the tissue paper over the upper square end
of the tube and slowly lowered the angle cut end vertically&nbsp; into the fan
wash, Only had to lower the tube less that 2 inches&nbsp; and the tissue was
sucked down the tube.&nbsp; The engineers way back when knew what they were
doing with regard to ventilating the engine in a very simple but not very
environmental way.&nbsp;</div>

that now..."&nbsp; :)</div>

------=_Part_2483742_2076935611.1619701493707--

--===============7246494078314919590==