Re: [Healeys] Starter electrical issues

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Starter electrical issues
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 11:52:24 -0700
The starter balking is understandable--at least, intuitively--but all
the other electricals ceasing to work isn't (assuming the battery is
still connected). After all, this isn't a modern car with a PCM, ECU,
etc; we're just talking copper wire here. My folks' Lincoln would die
when one of the CoPs would put a voltage spike on its primary lead,
which would knock the PCM out cold. No such silliness in a Healey.

Just to be contrarian, maybe the starter is causing a dead short, somehow?