Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Trim

To: Michael MacLean <springer.mike51@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Aluminum Trim
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 07:09:54 -0500
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000c7128c05f260764a

I've encountered that exact problem more than once Mike and now am very
careful to check the fit of the cockpit surrounds, including the screw
holes before starting any paint prep.
At that stage it is relatively easy to TIG weld the holes in the shrouds
and doors and redrill.
If your car is already painted that's a problem. You may be able to put a
small aluminum pop rivet into the old holes in the shrouds and steel ones
in the doors to "kinda" fill them and then redrill.
Good luck!

On Mon., Jan. 16, 2023, 3:24 a.m. Michael MacLean, <
springer.mike51@gmail.com> wrote:

> My BN2 rebuild is coming along. Slowly, but coming along.  Every so often
> parts fit ends up giving me fits. The aluminum trim around the passenger
> compartment is one such problem.  The aluminum trim straps all have
> different numbers on the inside, so I know they come from different cars.
> In the case of all four pieces, the through holes for the mounting screws
> do not line up with the holes in the body. The hole in the body is like an
> 1/8th of an inch higher than the holes in the aluminum trim.  I don't get
> it.  Am I missing something here?
> Mike MacLean
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

--000000000000c7128c05f260764a

ke and now am very careful to check the fit of the cockpit surrounds, inclu=
ding the screw holes before starting any paint prep.<div dir=3D"auto">At th=
at stage it is relatively easy to TIG weld the holes in the shrouds and doo=
rs and redrill.</div><div dir=3D"auto">If your car is already painted that&=
#39;s a problem. You may be able to put a small aluminum pop rivet into the=
 old holes in the shrouds and steel ones in the doors to &quot;kinda&quot; =
quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon., Jan. 16, 2023, 3:24 a=
.m. Michael MacLean, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:springer.mike51@gmail.com";>sprin=
te" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"=
.=C2=A0 Every so often parts fit ends up giving me fits. The aluminum trim =
around the passenger compartment is one such problem.=C2=A0 The aluminum tr=
im straps all have different numbers on the inside, so I know they come fro=
m different cars.=C2=A0 In the case of all four pieces, the through holes f=
or the mounting screws do not line up with the holes in the body. The hole =
in the body is like an 1/8th of an inch higher than the holes in the alumin=
um trim.=C2=A0 I don&#39;t get it.=C2=A0 Am I missing something here?<div d=
ir=3D"auto">Mike MacLean</div></div>
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <=