Re: [Healeys] Bendix Pumps

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bendix Pumps
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 06:41:44 -0700

--------------lRoIP0RmuApSqoGesor0rDB3

Bob,

Got a link to the Bendix pump you referred to?

TIA,
Bob

On 4/24/2023 2:46 AM, rfbegani@gmail.com wrote:

> Gentlemen:
>
> For your information for 40 years, I traveled the world selling
> automotive and industrial products.  I was the regional director for
> the Automotive Exporters Club and attended meetings in New York on a
> regular basis. Many of the members were VP Sales International of
> major automotive corporations.  The Bendix international sales manager
> had been trying to convince the Healey group to switch over to their
> pump for many years.  Finally, they agreed, and orders were being
> prepared for the change over when the production of the Healey was
> cancelled.
>
> The pump we are speaking about was developed by William Bendix in the
> 20â??s for use on airplanes because it was designed to allow fuel to
> continue to flow when planes were upside down.  Over the years it has
> been improved using solid state electrics and continues to perform to
> provide fuel to engines operating on land, in the air, and on sea.  My
> sailboat has a Kubota diesel engine with a Bendix fuel pump.  I was
> having problems with starting the engine due to lack of fuel going to
> the engine, so I changed the filters and forgot there is a screen
> filter in the bottom of the Bendix Pump. Then I remembered, opened the
> pump, and noticed the filter had been doing its job as it was packed
> with yellow cake particles. After cleaning the filter in the Bendix
> pump and purging the fuel tank of the crud the hard starting problem
> was solved.  They just keep on ticking!
>
> Next time the fuel pump in my Healey gives me problems, I will change
> it to a Bendix.
>
> Bob Begani

--------------lRoIP0RmuApSqoGesor0rDB3

  <head>
  </head>
    Bob,<br>
    Got a link to the Bendix pump you referred to?<br>
    TIA,<br>
    Bob<br>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:rfbegani@gmail.com";>rfbegani@gmail.com</a> wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:00a401d97691$96b7be60$c4273b20$@gmail.com">
        medium)">
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;
        font-weight:normal;
        font-style:normal;}.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;
        mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">Gentlemen:<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">For
            your information for 40 years, I traveled the world selling
            automotive and industrial products.  I was the regional
            director for the Automotive Exporters Club and attended
            meetings in New York on a regular basis. Many of the members
            were VP Sales International of major automotive
            corporations.  The Bendix international sales manager had
            been trying to convince the Healey group to switch over to
            their pump for many years.  Finally, they agreed, and orders
            were being prepared for the change over when the production
            of the Healey was cancelled. <o:p></o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">The
            pump we are speaking about was developed by William Bendix
            in the 20â??s for use on airplanes because it was designed to
            allow fuel to continue to flow when planes were upside
            down.  Over the years it has been improved using solid state
            electrics and continues to perform to provide fuel to
            engines operating on land, in the air, and on sea.  My
            sailboat has a Kubota diesel engine with a Bendix fuel
            pump.  I was having problems with starting the engine due to
            lack of fuel going to the engine, so I changed the filters
            and forgot there is a screen filter in the bottom of the
            Bendix Pump. Then I remembered, opened the pump, and noticed
            the filter had been doing its job as it was packed with
            yellow cake particles. After cleaning the filter in the
            Bendix pump and purging the fuel tank of the crud the hard
            starting problem was solved.  They just keep on
ticking!<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">Next
            time the fuel pump in my Healey gives me problems, I will
            change it to a Bendix.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">Bob
            Begani<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style="font-size:16.0pt;font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"