Introduction Jim Bickford

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Introduction Jim Bickford
From: "Jim Bickford" <jbickford@volcano.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 18:55:08 -0800
Hi all,

I took Wendy's suggestion and subscribed this weekend.

I started Lakes racing in 1979. First with a blown fuel Honda motorcycle
(750cc-1123cc) that put two of
my riders in the Bonneville and El Mirage 200 mph clubs. At that time it was
more enjoyable to build the
bikes than ride them. In 1984 we earned High Point Champion for El Mirage
and set the track record
there at 218.444 mph. Fast one way at Bonneville was 240 mph with our
fastest record at 219 mph.

In 1993 I started construction of a streamliner, something my wife would
allow me to drive, full roll cage, 4 wheels, etc. Again it uses the Honda
DOHC 4 cylinder engines from the bike allowing me to run the H, I and J
Blown Fuel classes. Over the last few seasons with it I  gained entry into
the Muroc and El Mirage
200 mph clubs.

Last August at Bonneville running with the H motor we cleared the 2 1/4 mile
at 255 mph the 3 mile at 263 mph
(the crew was thinking, finally the 2Club at Bonneville). However between
mile 3 and 4 at 280 mph it
blew over. I'm fine but will have to build another car next year.

Jim Bickford