Powerfest Rockingham...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Powerfest Rockingham...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:07:35 -0800
Well after the Race I took the Camaro in it's Primer to The Hot Rod
Magazines Power Fest.... and for the second time in one weekend had a
ball... Lots of Great publicity for the ECTA and Land Speed Racing in
general... These guys are Hot Rodders First and Foremost.... and Gray
Baskerville was wonderful as were the Tour Promoters... They Loved the
Different kind of racing being represented.... and the Camaro doesn't look
to bad in Primer....

A Friend of mine was there... and He is the Motorsports director for Holley
Carbs... and of course he hadn't seen the car.. He went nuts over it and
had me park it in front of the Holley Booth and 18 wheeler.. so all the
folks checking out Holleys stuff were looking into Land Speed Racing as
well...

They had a Chassis dyno there and everyone wanted to see the Camaro on it
so we put it on the Dyno and got a bunch of Info... the Motor turned 329hp
at the rear wheels with 335 ft lbs. of torque.... and they spun the Drive
line up to 200mph ...according to them.... according to me... they spun it
up to 186-193 based on my math...

another great day ... in North Carolina.... Keith

> From: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> To: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: ECTA
> Date: Monday, March 29, 1999 5:50 PM
>
> Okay.... I had to do some business while I was out this weekend.. But the
> racing was ahhhh.... Let me find a way to put this... How bout
Awesome....