130 Club

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: 130 Club
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:22:20 -0400
I got it, but what does a guy do after he gets into the
130 club and can't
>run anymore?  Go build a serious car for the salt?

As a matter of fact, yes! From personal experience, I spent 2 years
trying to get my street-legal '85 Vette into USFRA 150 club, and finally
did it in 1994. (first person to make 150 Club) Took the car home, cut
it up and it now own the record in C/GT.(Took another 3 years) I would
not have had the opportunity to put my toe into the water without the
130/150 program. We are not getting any younger, and we need to replace
ourselves on the salt. "Street car" programs like this is one way to
lure new racers into LSR.
Ed
#128 C/GT