Re: Altered cars & cooling

To: <dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com>, <V4GR@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Altered cars & cooling
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 12:28:10 -0500
Doug your dissertation here is exactly why I started this List.... along
with Chuck we both have a number of questions and the opportunity to
interact with folks Like you doing the same thing...

as for the Rules... You obviously have riddled out your own answer... Now
the question is did you notice the requirement to have a forward facing Air
vent for the driver? ( don't have a Rule Book handy or I would quote it
because it is in an obscure section)

One of the things I truly love about this sport is the way different folks
interpret rules... and the outcome of those efforts.... We have beat up
Rules many times on this list and Personally don't mind going back there
again.... as each time someone does I learn something New...

One of the things that kept me out of SCCA was the complexity of the rule
book.... and the same goes for running a car in a bracket class Drag
racing... hell if we can't run heads up.... why RUN...
Now you and I get to pick the kind of car and cubic inches .. and Just how
we go about it is up to us... Meeting on the Salt to decide who is
fastest... well hell that is what Racing is all about in my book....

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed
Racer)