Re: Ford GAF

To: <V4GR@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford GAF
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 11:53:45 -0700
I hate to respond with my Ignorance... but that is exactly what it is..
ignorance.. not stupidity.... I was thinking the V-4 class was exactly that
a VEE Four.... or four cylinders in a V... not a Vintage class.... hmmm
when I got to checking out records last night.....(favorite Arm Chair
Reading) It dawned on my Pea Brain that These were Vintage fours... Way
Cool.... Hey Rich.... Thanks for spurring the interest in something outside
of my class....

Yeah... it got quite a chuckle from me too....

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

----------
> From: V4GR@aol.com
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Ford GAF
> Date: Thursday, May 27, 1999 6:16 PM
>
>       I have been looking at a WW2 overhaul manual for the Ford V8
> installed in the Sherman Tank. I don't know if Doug can get them to let
him
> run one in XXX/GL, but it looks racy. Size is against it. Its nearly 5
feet
> long, but the clutch housing is enormous, so maybe we can save 8 or 10
inches
> there, also at least 200 pounds.              Otherwise its 33.25 wide and
> 47 3/4 tall. You can surely get the weight in the 1000-1200 pound range.
Its
> all aluminum block and heads with steel (not iron) sleeves. 1100 cid 4
valve
> 4cam motor. Comes with 2 four cylinder Bosh mags.             5.400 bore x
> 6 in stroke  7.5 to 1 CR with 32 degrees advance and tank cams it pulls
535
> hp @ 2600rpm  1,050 ft. lbs. torque at 2200. Came stock with 2
Strombergs.

>                               I need one of these motors. Its better than my
Reo