1999 Speed Week

Subject: 1999 Speed Week
From: Dave Mann <davemann@roadsters.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 18:13:35 -0700 (PDT)
We arrived back from the salt Saturday morning. After spending a couple of
days catching up on sleep and going out of my way to avoid anything that
resembles sunshine, things are back to normal for most of us.

Hanging around the Team Vesco pit (and managing to actually be of some
help to them on occasion), and riding with the team's tow rig before and
after several of their 400+MPH runs was really a great experience for me.

I've started writing an article on Speed Week, which I'll add to my site
sometime in September, along with some of the 160 photos I took while I
was there.

For now, I'll simply echo everyone else's thoughts that it was great to be
able to meet many of the people that I've gotten to know both through this
list and my Web site. You are all much less annoying in person than your
endless stream of deranged ramblings might lead one to imagine.

Bonneville is an incredibly unique and special place. You just have to
experience it for yourself to see what we mean. We are indeed a special
breed.

Regards,

Dave Mann

Webmaster, Roadsters