Re: Snow vs. cold

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Snow vs. cold
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:48:33 -0500
Wes,

  We only got about 4" here on the Coast, but it was enough to put plenty of
the natives in the ditches.  Having grown up in the white stuff I had a
couple great days test driving customers cars.  Lots of opportunities to
test traction control and ABS systems!!  Surprisingly the county actually
has some snow removal equipment and salt trucks this time. (used to be we
just waited for a thaw)  Latest report is 20 tons of sand and 40 tons of
salt spread on the main roads.  I can think of better places to put the
salt, but it makes me glad I drive a $50 car to work every day.  With all
the snow on the roads it wasn't too hard to imagine being on the salt, even
sliding along at 35 MPH.

Cheap Chuck Rothfuss
Pole Cat Hollow, NC