Re: Cut off switch

To: speedtimer@earthlink.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cut off switch
From: BICWIG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:01:31 EST
Good Point.  I saw an incident at the starting line that I'll never forget.
I was belting in the funny car when two doorslammers were staging in front of
me.  One car began smoking from the rear end and then burst into flames.  We
later found out that the rear case split and the hot oil ignited.  Anyway, as
has been stated, the NHRA requires that the switch be mounted on the rear of
the car.  The starter walked up to the car and switched it off.  Saved the
guy from hurting himself and destroying the car.  Something else to think
about.

Jim