Folks I met

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Folks I met
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 00:29:21 -0500
I am going to do this one at a time sorta... There are a ton of folks out
there who really deserve some recognition for efforts... if I miss you then
forgive me and PLEASE make mention of it... recapping a weeks worth of names
and faces is a Hard thing to do...

Ed Van Scoy... Pitted next to us... Both He and Linda are absolutely
Wonderful folks... and Ed is Damn Sure Lucky.... ( serial number on his
Block reads MITECH.... something about Kugal and Mike Lefever... hmmm So
much for Luck ED )  Ed set a record and then Broke the same one the next
day.... 213 I believe... but his out the back was awesome...( and just less
then mine )

Russ Meeks.... now here is a Work of Art in Aluminum Form... had to drag
Brad by to see it on our way out.... neat Deal... even if he does like them
Dump Truck Motors.... ( in case your curious.... his Six is OLD and
Interesting as a piece of History...) here is a guy who really does it the
Hard way....

Jack Costello's Liner is a One of a kind Piece... he let me climb into
it.... WOW the optical lens are awesome.... Hard to fit into but very
comfortable once I was in.... Neat Piece Jack.... and he is doing it the Old
School way... swapping Motors at will and at Random.... oh and setting
records along the way....

Doug King's Ride goes without saying... yeah it's Fast....211 or so... and
it stuck him in the Two Club.... a Long Time goal that he honestly deserved
many years ago.... long story... but Doug... Trust me when I say I am not a
one man fan club....

Same goes for Tom Bryant... I am not Tom's only Fan.... here is a Guy who
has been doing this for MANY MANY years... and he still drives better then
his son...Jeff who is good in his own right.... What Tom does better then
most in the sport is Perform endlessly with a very Positive out look on Each
and every day... He is a Very Strong Christian and is willing to share any
of his skills at the drop of a Hat.... neat guy... make sure you meet
him....

Dr Mayf and Son Phil.... well they were out living Pops Dream... right up
till you checked out Phillip... he had his Head buried in a Rule book the
whole time dreaming up what he was going to build while in Collage....
Mayf... it's better then you thought isn't it...

John Beckett.... we all know John from here on the List and we don't always
give him the Credit he's due.... he took a Motor that was Blown up one week
and stuck two folks in the Two Club in three days....  Pretty awesome....
John seems to have the ability to break records at Will....

Joe Timney is one of the newest Members of the Two Club... he earned his
Place in history by taking John Becketts Car for a ride... what you have to
know is that he did major surgury to the car to make it happen... again like
Brad and the ECTA Two Club... Joe earned his way in by his own efforts...
Good for you Joe... and congrats.... oh by the way... thanks for the
Bazzillion hours you spent volunteering....

Tom Doll.... Tom is Lurker by his own admission.... neat guy and a GM
engineer... he along with Jim Fox and Steve and Sue Christopherson have a
ton of records in that Red Camaro.. they Battled all week and finally got
Steve in the Two club once again.... Sue was the 6th female added in 98...

Don McMeekin.... well I told you that little Skylark with the itty bitty
Aluminum Buick motor was fast.... he set Two Records back to back.... the
car is wonderful and Don is a True Gentleman.... Kinda Fun eh Don?  better
then Golf?

Joe Amos and Jon.... now here are a couple of sports... put on a super party
and did the record on the scooter to boot.... Jon got a bit caught up in the
motor rebuild and T-shirt thing.... and forgot about you folks out here
waiting on results.... trust me when I say we were stealing his attention...
Thanks Jon for the Great site and time you devote....

Phil and Gary from Louisianna.... ahh now here is a Matched set believe you
me... they were out studying everything... Looking forward to seeing thier
car on the salt....

Land Speed Louise.... Hey... how come you only come by when My Junk is
BROKE?
Loved the Book and  a Million thanks for making that happen.... you really
did a great job of chronicalling our history.... I hope everyone buys it...

Wes Potter dropped by and said Hey.... something about his computer being
broke and being totally bored.... always a treat to see him....

Now to the Treat of the Meet.... Black Radon Engineering... finally made it
to the salt
that 68 Firebird is a Bad Ass..... sorry for the french... but the boys
built a Neat Toy
that absolutely Hauls Butt.... Last I heard they were Just a Tick over Two
Bills and they
were enjoying Diet Coke Served by ME.... Seems I made Darrel a Promise... if
he went over Two Bills I would Serve him a Coke.... The car is a Flawless
piece of work.
Bruce was over seeing the effort... enjoying the quality of thier
workmanship... Hey Bruce they
learned it somewhere....

Lots More Later.... Keith ( yeah you need to understand it's more about the
folks involved then it is about the Speed )