Intro

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intro
From: Crim <gwcrim@usa.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 12:11:38 -0400 (EDT)
Hi I'm George and I like to go fast.

I'm one of the Founding Fathers of the Sportster List Race Team.  We
organized last winter on our Sportster e-mail list.  So far we've
grabbed 7 records at Maxton using 4 different Sportsters in the 1000cc
and 1350cc classes.  Our first attempt at Bonneville in the P/PP
1000cc class netted a 126.7 on a 134.4 record.  I guess we'll have to
go back!

Prior to LSR racing, I thrashed a Dodge Challenger on the dragstrip.
Not necessarily to be competitive (440 Six Pack, 4 speed) but to see
just what I could get the package to do.  It was retired in '98 but
may come out of mothballs for a few top speed passes in the future.

My personal LSR ride is a '99 Sportster 1200 Sport.  I  coaxed a top
speed of 140.8 out of 'Diablo Debbie' last July at Maxton.  There's no
major work done to her, just your basic bolt ons/ins.

One last thing... Thanks a BUNCH to the ECTA for providing a place for
us eastern speed addicts to get our adrenalin fix.  The Sportster List
Race Team is doing all we can to promote LSR racing at Maxton.  Long
may she run.

George Crim
Sportster List Race Team
http://www.sportster.org/LSR