Re: Tires

To: "DOUG ODOM" <popms@thegrid.net>, "LAND-SPEED" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Beverly Stanley" <beverlycst@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:30:57 -0700
Well, to some degree, I think I have to agree with John - I've never had
any tire come apart on the car - I've always caught the problem before the
things really tore apart (you know, spotted the bulge or weird ripples
where the seperation starts - only because I inspect my tires pretty often
- maybe I'm paranoid about it) - but I have had a couple of blow-outs when
I happened to hit debris on the freeway and such - and I've never had any
trouble controlling the car long enough to get off the freeway, and
obviously everyone on the list has managed to stay alive through blowouts
so far. But, at the same time, the people who build automotive components
have to plan on a few drivers suffering from panic when something goes
BANG!! and starts beating the sh-- out of your fenders and the truck feels
like it's falling over.
Just my opinion.
Bev (I'm so glad, now, that I got the little Honda instead of an SUV)

--- Beverly Stanley
--- beverlycst@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.