Re: The first car I droved

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, falken@ihug.co.nz, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The first car I droved
From: "Scott Christensen" <saltrunner31@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 18:26:56 -0600
Great story Dick, I think ya got me beat, agewise......I was about 5 or 6
and I was helpin dad cut grain.....well, he was runnin the combine and I was
pretendin to drive the grain truck, an old 38 ford with a flattie V8. Well
the truck was full and needed to be unloaded at the granery at the far end
of the field. So he says as long as Im sittin there, why not drive it over?
So he starts it up, sticks it in granny low, and dumps the clutch. As he
jumps off the runnin board, he says just head for the other end and turn it
off when ya get there. So I steered while the ol truck idled to the other
end.......pretty excitin for a little kid... I ended up with that ol truck
when when dad passed on, dont know if I could ever sell it.......those were
the days, huh?
                   Scott in big sky
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx