Long shifter for Richmond 6 speed

To: "Landspeed list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Long shifter for Richmond 6 speed
From: "Gene Halvorson" <ghalvorson@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 22:53:4 -0500
Last Friday I sent my Long shifter to the factory in PA.  For some
reason the pin that prevents the shifter from going into the reverse gate,
without pushing down on the handle, sheared.  I called in with the symptoms
to Wayne at Long Machine and Tool and he knew what the problem was right
off.  I think it was Keith that talked about having some mods done to his
shifter so I asked Wayne about them also.

For $35.00 they stiffened the centering springs and modified the 2-3 gate
to make for a more in line throw plus repairing the pin at no
charge.  Today, I got the shifter back.  Round trip in six
days.  I must commend Long's for the prompt service.  Tomorrow I'll
put it in and give an update.

GH

--- Gene Halvorson