Re: New Car Procedures

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, "Rick Byrnes"
Subject: Re: New Car Procedures
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:39:53 -0700
Gentlemen,
"What I think" is that we have enough rules at present. The new cars are
inspected at Tech, but I would bet that the problems that were experienced
this past meet were things that could not have been detected at Inspection.
I doubt very much that a low speed run would have detected them (blown
engines etc.) As for other problems you can inspect the car but not the
driver, a guy that handles a car well at 100 might be something different at
200 and you don't know that until he does it.

(licensing procedures aside) Personally, more low speed runs would be a
waste of time for the officials and for me. There is a long wait the first 3
days and additional runs would only add to the wait time. All in all, things
do run smoothly for the job at hand and I couldn't come up with any
suggestion to make it any quicker. (except go alphabetically and I'd change
my name to Abba)

Grib, who always has an opinion but seldom expresses it.