RE: HEY EVERYONE ( advice )

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: HEY EVERYONE ( advice )
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 15:18:35 -0400
It's the same story as others have mentioned, with the little twist:

My buddy and I agreed that proper jack stands or blocks were so important
that if either of us ever caught the other not using them -- the finder guy
got to tease the other unmercifully, in public, about his stupidity for not
blocking up the car.

It's worked for me.

I'll tell you about my dad's efforts to teach me to finish a job, too.  One
late summer day when my cousin and I were juniors in high school he came
upon us out in the garage and found the '47 Pontiac in pieces - crankshaft
(THIS LONG!!!) over there, pistons here, and so on.  He expressed his faith
in us:  "Boys, if you two ever get this thing going again I will personally
walk the corner of State and Madison in Chicago selling tickets for the
second coming of Christ at Soldier's Field!"

(He got out of it - school started and I moved away, and my cousin got some
help.)

Maybe Dad wasn't teaching me perseverance, maybe he was teaching me humor.
Oh, well, you wanted a response.

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north)

PS I've got a couple of photos of you from Speedweek.  I'll send 'em to you
direct if you'd like.  Let me know.