RE: modifications

To: "'Scott Cowle'" <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: modifications
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:30:07 -0400
I take care of my vehicles by adding the directed amount of Sta-Bil and
putting the critters in the warehouse - where it doesn't get much below
freezing.

Then there's the snowplow truck, a 1954 Oshkosh with a 427 Continental
straight six.  I wonder how low an octane rating I could get away with? --
it runs fine with years-old stale gas.

Run the motor with the Sta-Bil, shut off the thing and put it away.  Best to
store the battery, removed from the vehicle, and charge it once or twice a
winter whether it needs it or not.  If it doesn't start the engine in the
spring -- it's time for a new battery anyway, and all you have to pay is the
storage for the winter, plus the new battery, but maybe the thing would have
lasted anyway.

The colors here have changed -- both my drivers report snow today, and one
of them said he had to slow down to 40MPH because of the whiteout he
encountered.  By the way, Nancy and I own a building dedicated to storing
vehicles for the winter.  For your information, we charge $2/foot/month for
storage.  We're full already this year.  Lots of folks have overcome the
negative concepts of storing a vehicle for so long -- we'd offer visitation
if you'd like.

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north)