1. When the records were moved from the regular modified and production
categories to the Classic, what criteria was used? Just the year of the car
that set the record? Were the owners asked, or were they automatically moved
2. Was is determined weather or not those records were set with the aid of
electronics since they were legal at the time they were set? (correct me if
3. Since the vintage engines aren't allowed in this class, do the cars that
had XO and XF engines from the factory run in the cubic inch AA-E classes
This is my take on the deal -
1) The year of the record holder was researched. If the record holder was of
the year to be moved research was done to insure that the vehicle met the
Classic criteria, i.e. no EFI, etc.
2) See one above.
3) Vintage engines, XF & XO can run in the Production Category or Modified
category, Vintage Coupe & Sedan classes. Records exists in these classes. A
more modern car such as Ed Farrell, McCain & Houtz and others run in the XF,
XO, etc. classes with the Modifeid Category.
With in excess of 580 classes there is a spot for almost everyone.
/// unsubscribe/change address requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or try
/// Archives at http://www.team.net/archive/land-speed
/// what is needed. It isn't that difficult, folks.