RE: Cool Air and drag

To: "'DrMayf'" <drmayf@teknett.com>, Steve Pitt <stpitt@zipcon.net>,
Subject: RE: Cool Air and drag
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:52:29 -0700
How much do ya figure a tire filled with liquid nitrogen (or hydrogen) would
weigh?  CF?

Dale C.

                Metal? Doesn't that get the fuzz up on the neck of the
inspectors? Now,
                ahem, toungue firmly in my cheek, a frozen tire, filled with
liquid nitrogen
                (why not use hydrogen? It can be turned into a solid by
crackey) the tire
                would be as hard a metal, but still look like a tire to the
inspectors. And
                we could cut grooves in them so they would act like rain
tires, to  boot.
                "cept when that frozen tire hits wet salt it is gonna ball
up worse than wet
                caliche on your good boots.. I guess the math for caliche
need some
                exploring to make sense of the rolling resistance drag
factor though..

                mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump....not
enough to do cept
                for today...third root canal on the same tooth...maybe
that's why I am so
                bitchy...nah, just natural for me....

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..