Re: Stopping streamliners (one more quick thought)

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stopping streamliners (one more quick thought)
From: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:18:53 -0500
---- Original Message -----
From: me

> Since our vehicles all travel in a straight line and at the same altitude
> it seems reasonable to assume that they'd all be able to catch a cable
> strung across the salt in their path using a "tail hook" as aircraft do.

   Who says the catch wire has to be on the salt where the vehicle would
have to somehow run over it?  How about suspending it overhead.  Once the
vehicles hook picks up the wire it could be pivoted down to allow a straight
pull from the salts surface.

   Okay, I'll go back to fixing the tractor now and see where this goes.

Chuck