Using event gas with stock tanks

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Using event gas with stock tanks
From: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:36:18 -0500
John, List,

   In my early observation of Maxton's new event gas system I figured I'd
just run in fuel class until I got a fuel cell in the car.
Now I'm curoius, with either the stock tank or fuel cell what's the
preferred method of demonstrating that the tank is empty?

   Draining fuel by pulling a drain plug on a cell that sits 6" from the
ground doesn't sound like lots of fun, although I could run the car up on
the trailer.  I'd prefer to pump the remaining fuel out with the fuel pump
into a grounded container, but I'm not sure this will satisfy the
inspectors.  Any advice from those who have been gassing up at Maxton this
year would be appreciated.

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA