RE: Dry sump

To: Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net>, Dave Dahlgren
Subject: RE: Dry sump
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:37:46 -0800 (PST)
Russ
 What do you mean "total loss"?  I can see the electric drive would save some
HP. Do you have any numbers on the HP gain, HP required to drive pump or net
gain, either engine driven or electric.

           Glenn
 Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net> wrote:I'd like to point-out that you can
gain significant HP with a dry-sump if
you are brave enough (or desperate enough!) to run it electric-drive, on a
total-loss system. Of course, the engine reliability gains can go away in a
hurry, if you hit a "bad luck" day!
Russ, #1226B