RE: Tool Box Protection( VCI Paper )

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: RE: Tool Box Protection( VCI Paper )
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:11:48 -0700
Neil, I just have to do it ;-)   you do know that silica gel
contains cobalt chloride...... The folowing is a summary of a
recent re-classification of cobalt chloride;

"The upshot of these developments is that cobalt sulphate and
cobalt chloride are to be classified with respect to their
toxicological status as a "category 2 Carcinogen" with a
subsequent requirement for R49 labeling (this states "may
cause cancer by inhalation").  This classification and the use
of these risk and safety phrases not only apply to the Cobalt
Chloride itself but to any products that contain Cobalt
Chloride in concentrations above 0.01%."

So, seems like the nanny-state doesn't want us to use ANYTHING
but Arizona sunshine to keep our tool boxes rust-free.... Next
thing you know, Uncle Sam will be telling us Diet Coke,
cigarettes, and purple dye in fire suits is harmful!!!
Ed