Re: Salt pumping

To: ddahlgren@snet.net, albaugh_neil@ti.com, ormsby1@llnl.gov,
Subject: Re: Salt pumping
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 08:39:40 -0800
Steve, Gary & List

The real problem isn't with Reilly, it's the "Mining Law of 1872" which
gives claim holder
the right to do what ever he want's without interference from Federal,
State or Local
government. That's anything - forever! Do a search using 'mining law of
1872' if you doubt
my 'anything - forever' statement. That's why you never see the Sierra
Club fighting a coal
strip mining operation.
Reilly could have told the BLM and everyone to piss off and still can.

If we could get Don Gartlets and Speed (vision/??) to support us, more
could be accomplished
than with 100 lawyers and a million dollars. Of course the big danger is
that if Reilly sells their claim
and equipment to some company that wouldn't be bothered by negative
publicity, the salt will be gone.

my head hurts