Salt Report

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Salt Report
From: Daniel Wright <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:45:21 -0700
Hi
I thought you might appreciate an eye witness report on current conditions
at Bonneville.
Hugh Coltharp was at the Salt Flats yesterday.  He says that there is a lot
of water currently standing on the salt.  It's about a foot deep at the end
of the asphalt, and extends as far as the eye can see.  Also, he says there
is still significant snow coverage of the adjacent mountains.

Here in Utah this year, we have had more precipitation than in recent years
past.  I recently noticed on the local weather report that snow pack in the
surrounding mountains was 150% -200% of normal for this time of year.

It is early in the year, and I have every reason to believe we will have
good dry track to run on in August and September.

Dan Wright

It's amazing what you can do if you don't know it can't be done.