Welcome a New Racer

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Welcome a New Racer
From: Katie Cortez <drylakercr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 12:24:07 -0700
Hello all!

Well, last Saturday, May 1st at 4:46 pm another future land speed racer made
her arrival--this was less than 24 hrs. after I turned my classroom key over
to my substitute! Madalin (pronounced Mada-len) Anna Cortez weighed in at 6
lbs. 15 oz., and her Grandpa Keith is so proud to have another girl join our
racing team! "Garmen" seems to also enjoy her presence, and she has decided
to call her Mac since those are her initials.

Do you approve of the name KT? We thought about Gertrude Margaret Cortez to
keep with the GMC theme, but the 2 grandmas just wouldn't buy into it!
Sorry!

We plan on bringing both girls out to Speed Week, so any of you be sure to
come by our pits to meet them!

:- ) Katie Young Cortez (one sleep very deprived mom)