Bumps, Suspension, Etc.

To: "Land Speed Digest" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bumps, Suspension, Etc.
From: "cmpile" <hoxiepoo@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:48:37 -0500
    List -

        I seem to remember reading in Mickey Thompson's story "Challenger"
about his wife following him down the salt at night with the headlights on so
he could spot the shadows from the high spots.
        After all - the water isn't deep on the salt, and we've seen the water
move around on the salt according to the wind movement. Add in the pressure
ridges that form the crusties, and the salt's surface is definitely irregular.
Dragging and scraping help immensely, but it won't be table flat. Agreed?

        Chris Pile aka aircap