Re: I need help

To: Flowbench@aol.com, ddahlgren@snet.net, albaugh_neil@ti.com,
Subject: Re: I need help
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:29:46 -0800 (PST)
I can go one better than that.  Won't help Scott, but it's a cool memory.  When
I was in high school I had an old Ford flathead.  Nice car, souped up a little
bit, but not really fast.  I dated this cheerleader for a couple of months and
got along great with her dad.  He was the number one stock car racer in our
area and I'd sit in his living room, or out in his shop and we'd talk cars for
hours..  He ran a flathead merc coupe on the track.  One day his daughter
dumped me for a guy that I hated, and her father hated even more.  He had a 57
Ford with a 312, and needless to say, could suck my flathead up his tailpipes.
Her dad, wanting to "slam" this new boyfriend, swapped the mild motor out of my
car one Saturday afternoon and dropped in one of his really hot mercs.  That
night, I found my ex girlfriend (his daughter) tooling around with her new
boyfriend.  Just past the A&W we got on it. Best I can remember, his headlights
were both visible in my rear view mirror when I hit third
 gear.  The following Monday, he was almost reduced to tears when he checked
under my hood and found my same old flathead in there.  "But - - - -he'd outrun
me so bad so many times before???"  He finally went to college and became a
preacher.
Dick J