Re: Water Pump speed

To: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, <dthomssen@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Water Pump speed
From: wester6935@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:19:51 +0000
I remember an article in Hot Rod (way back around when when Dave sourced his
information) about grinding off every other vane on the stock Ford water pump
for a high performance engine.  If the stock Ford pump has six or eight vanes I
can see this working out to the roughly 50% Sparky is using as a good figure.
I'm not a flathead guy so I have no idea on what the stock pump has.  At that
time I got some really interesting answers when I asked about it, mostly
speculation or evasive answers so I figured it was a "speed secret".

Wes