Re: New Folks...

To: "Jon Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Subject: Re: New Folks...
From: "The Weldons" <2weldons@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:29:01 -0800
Jon & Mike & others--  OK, here's the trick to dealing with the KOA.   The
folks who own that franchise are good people.  But they do make a big part
of their year off of the Speedweek business.  Show up at any time Friday PM
or Saturday PM and you'll find them sold out and busier than a one armed
paperhanger just getting their reserved customers signed in.  I just hang
out in the store/office until the line peters out and ask if I can buy just
a shower.  Last year the price was $5.00.  I park my truck out of the way
near the propane tank, grab my shower kit and clean clothes  and go in and
wash up.  You don't need the door combination if you enter the rest rooms
through the store.  When I'm done I fill my water bottles at the sink
outside the locked restroom entrances and go out to wherever I'm going to
camp for the night.  Last year when I was having trouble sleeping in my
truck due to combination of heat, bugs and noisy generators at the Road's
End camping area (I think it might have been Sunday night) I went back in
just before the KOA closed and got them to sell me just a place to park
along the fence for something like $10 or so.  They seem to be able to
handle some 10 or 15 vehicles that way when they are full up.  By the way,
that gives you access to their restroom, swimming pool, laundromat and
showers also.  Another way to skin this cat is to hook up with a racer and
park on his space.  He'll probably have to pay for the extra vehicle; but
can just explain that you're part of his crew who showed up late.  This has
a way of becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy.  By Tuesday the KOA spaces
begin to open up and the prices tend to go down a little.
Oh yeah-- When the speed limit signs in town say 25 or 30,  they mean it!!
Ed