Re: Non-LSR Bead roller mods

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non-LSR Bead roller mods
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:40:48 EST
In a message dated 3/27/2005 10:52:25 AM Central Standard Time,
foxriverkid@earthlink.net writes:
I bought a bead roller
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=34104 and am
contemplating motorizing it. It seems to well made and
the handle is removeable and a pulley placed on the shaft.. As it is, it
takes two people to use it.
I bought one from harborfreight about a year ago and its not bad. It did have
some spring in the arms and I cut out some 1/2 plate and welded it on the
back side like a strong back which made it better. Puting a motor on it would
be
great and I thought about that also, a round wheel (like a big valve wheel) in
place of the crank handle is also an improvement.
Larry Mac