Re: New winter sport

To: Barrett Glen <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: New winter sport
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:03:29 -0700
Jack Harris has been active in that hill climb with his sleds.  He's
the one who set the record speed for a front engined dragster at
Bakersfield in 2004.
"The Sheriff and His Posse" are ready for some nostalgia stuff again
this year with a '55 Ford Crown Victoria funny car.

See his web site at http://www.nitrosheriff.com/

The location is a change from the original Widowmaker.  That area is
now covered with new homes.  The new location, up Ogden Canyon in the
valley
where USFRA President Gary Allen lives, has a much longer winter season
and so is a natural for snowmobiles.  There's three ski areas looking
into,
and primarily accessed from, that valley.  A very pretty area.

Wes