Re: Texas Mile

To: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@mail.sisna.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Texas Mile
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:34:52 -0800 (PST)
Tom Shannon <saltfevr@mail.sisna.com> wrote: ..  .. Dick; Good Luck, be safe
and have fun too!

We made it back last night.  The weather was great, only about forty racers
there, so lines weren't bad at all.  To say the big block still has issues is
an understatement.  I made a run at just over 150, popping and sputtering all
the way.  It's possible the valve lash is too tight, or the cam timing might be
off.  Already tearing it down to see what it might be.
  I did experience one of the greatest thrills known to man though!  Pulling
the chute in a 25 mph cross wind is .. .. uh .. .. rather thrilling!  LoL

  All in all, it was a good weekend, even if the car wasn't running that well.
We had fun, and I got to race, nothing blew up, and nobody got hurt.  Hey, come
to think of it, it can only get a little bit better than that!

  Dick J
  In East Texas