Welding Aluminum

To: LandSpeed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Welding Aluminum
From: "Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 05:28:10 -0700
Okay, I've got a set of Aluminum intercooler pipes that need to be welded
up. I have an OxyAcetylene setup, an older stick welder, and a flux core
wirefeed welder. I'm most confident with the gas welder, but with some time
could re-familiarize myself with the other two if need be... Would it be a
better idea for me to get some aluminum wire for the wirefeed, or do you
think I'd be okay trying to weld the pipes together with gas? or should I
just take them in and get them tigged by someone that actually does that
kinda thing for a living?

Also, on a side note, what is the best tig welder to get on a budget (I'm
talking under a grand to spend)? Or would I be better off just waiting until
I can afford something that costs a little more?

--
~Jon