Re: Hans Device

To: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Subject: Re: Hans Device
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:00:03 -0600
And a streamlined motorcycle is a rather efficient lifting body.  Get
one sideways and there's no telling from what angle an airborne bike
will hit .

NASCAR has those roof flaps, there's roof rails (Section 4.X) required
on cars in most classes with existing class record speeds over 200 mph,
nothing suggested on streamlined bikes.  Stopping pencil rolls is
certainly another problem.  Tom Burkland found that out at a relatively
slow (for him) speed.

Wes