Re: Tires

To: Higginbotham Speed Racing <saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:46:53 -0600
As a starting point I'd suggest a search of Hot Rod Magazines from the
late fifties and their articles on the then new, Firestone land-speed
tires.  There were some rather comprehensive explanations about the
tire construction at that time.  (Darn! ... Wish I hadn't given those
magazines away when I got married.)  As I remember they went into some
rather extensive detail about the way the cords were laid up in the
tires.  They had delivered a set of land-speed tires to Ab Jenkins a
few days before his unexpected death in 1956 so they were not working
from a blank sheet of paper with their thinking.

Wes