Re: Carburetor and Distributor Vacuum

To: "Bryan Savage" <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>, <Askotto@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Carburetor and Distributor Vacuum
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 08:47:45 -0700
Dick,

In my opinion, the vacuum advance is simply a fuel mileage device and has no
place in a race engine's program. Usually, the vacuum source is hooked to
ported vacuum, but some of the Chevrolet engines used the manifold vacuum to
the advance to improve idle.

You have already received some good advice, but this is how I set up my
ignition when I ran a distributor fired system. Vacuum advanced plugged off,
mechanical advance limited to 15 degrees (30 deg crank) and full advance by
4000 rpm.

Good Luck!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 DO/FCC