Timing question ?

To: list LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing question ?
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:24:16 -0600
Glen,

Does it count on your computer as a run if a car turns out before
breaking a light beam at the two?  Do you keep a record of those?
Those turn outs could be an interesting addendum to this discussion.  I
know we don't keep a record of those at the USFRA meets.  The car/bike
number is just erased from the computer.  We use two independent
systems so we don't run wire between the two courses like SCTA/BNI
does.  Our short course is only used for runs below 139.9 MPH where the
SCTA/BNI short course is three miles longer and cars are trying to go
above 175 MPH if at all possible

Makes you respect what Otto Crocker used to do on the salt doesn't it?
I don't remember much about his timing apparatus other than the big
sweep hands on the analog dials.

Wes