Right size tires for TD and TF

To: team net <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Right size tires for TD and TF
From: PINNSYSGRP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 21:12:09 EDT
Hi to all,

I have a couple of questions concerning the right size (or best size) tires
for both my TD and TF. I have had regular nylon bias tires on my TD for about
eight years now. (Bought them at a really good price just when I needed
them.) No real tread wear is evident but am conscious of the timeframe
involved and dry rotting. I also want to buy a new set of tires for my
recently purchased TF 1500. It is now carrying regular nylon bias ply tires,
but want to get radials with the thin white wall for both cars.

Can someone out there tell me what to buy. What looks good. I think that I
can get the small white walls from Coker tire, since I questioned them at
last years' Carlisle show concerning availability. I questioned them,
however, about straight replacements for the TD, not about anything a bit
larger.

Maybe another question that you can help with. Am trying to remove the
steering wheel. Loosened the column bolt and pulled out the wheel to its
stopping point. Removed the center piece and loosened the bolt holding the
wheel to the column. Thought that the wheel would just come off at this point
but, alas, stays where it is. I think they is a key at the top of the post,
but how do you remove it. All assistance greatly appreciated!

John Downing
'50 MG TD
'54 MG TF 1500
'61 Healey 3000 BT7