XPAG Rear crankshaft oilseal.

To: "MGs" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: XPAG Rear crankshaft oilseal.
From: "David Tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:02:06 -0000
Does anyone have the ultimate answer to solving the rear crank oil leak
which I have on my 51TD and which I do not want to have on the 54 TF which I
am currently rebuilding. Here in the UK a seal kit is manufactured by a well
known firm but I am told by people who have fitted it that it does not
always work. I am also aware that a Mr Bob Schapel of Sydney Australia used
to supply a seal kit which involved machining the crankshaft flange down to
92mm dia (except where the flywheel fits ) to accept the seal and the seal
housing was attached to rear main bearing cap. Does anyone have details of
this?.

I am also informed that crankcase compression is responsible for forcing the
oil through the reverse screw oil thrower, and that if you deal with the
crankcase compression you solve the oil leak.!!!!!!.

All advice will be gratefully received.

Regards

David Tinker  mailto:david.tinker@virgin.net