Re: Oil Pressure

To: turbine44@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 16:30:56 -0500
Ray,
  I am unfamiliar with the pump on your engine. Here is some info on the
TD pump that might help.
  The pump on the TD's XPAG engine has a pressure relief spring, ball and
seat arrangment in the bottom of the pump. From under the car, you look
up and see a brass nut at the bottom of the pump facing the ground. Undo
the nut and a 1/4 cup of oil, the spring, the ball and perhaps the seat
for the ball will come out.
  In the TD manual, the spring is described as "17 gauge or .056 inch,
.500 inch ovarll diameter, 1.476 free length. Total number of coils is
13.5, giving a load of 7 lb. when compressed to 1.063 inch."
Bob