Re: Maintaining the Breed

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>, "Richard Feibusch" <rfeibusch@loop.com>
Subject: Re: Maintaining the Breed
From: "Ray McCrary" <spook01@home.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 19:42:29 -0600
> There is a guy who brings a light BRG TD with cycle fenders, wire wheels
> and a number of pre-war details to the Palo Alto, CA British Meet that is
> splendid!!  Even has Nissan power I think. Is it an MG???  Well sort of
but
> it really is a hot rod, a classic cruiser, a more real replica of a much
> older car that will run like a much newer car.  Is this wrong????

I think the hotrod genre is an interesting subset, but the car really
doesn't belong with the original TD's.
There are a lot of British cars with powerplant swaps.....but they don't
need to be shown with the originals, either.
They can be shown separately.
And the above is one of the problems with "peoples' choice" voting at shows.
So, how about a '31 Duesenburg with a Dodge Viper V-10, power disc brakes
off the Caddy, power windows, locks, tilt wheel, electronic suspension, mags
and a tuck and roll interior.  Is it a Duesy? Erm, maybe.....and maybe not.
Best,
Ray

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list