Re: Colortune

To: blprince2@home.com
Subject: Re: Colortune
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:57:29 -0500
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:04:52 -0700 "Laura & Ben Prince"
<blprince2@home.com> writes:
> Does anyone have experience with a Colortune device for adjusting
> mixture for
> the carbs?  I am told that these gadgets worked great during the
> days of
> leaded fuel.  When unleaded gas emerged, however, the Colortunes
> were supposed
> worthless.
>
> The unleaded fuel of today is apparently quite different compared to
> what it
> was even ten years ago.  It is my understanding the Colortune again
> works well
> with current fuels.  Comments?

I hadn't heard all this business about different fuels.  I guess
ignorance is bliss because I've been using one with success for about ten
years.  As a matter of fact, I just bought another one (cheap, at a club
auction) so I can put them on no. 1 and no. 4 cylinder at the same time.
That way I can adjust both carbs at once.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer